- Feb 13, 2020 2020 Global Distributor Training held in Germany Badgger Meter USA hosted some great course content and interesting seminars this year, We were introduced to various new products and new key team members.... Read more
- Feb 7, 2020 ATEX Approval for TFX-5000 ultrasonic clamp-on Flow meter Clamp-on flow meter and Heat meter (Heating & Cooling flows) including data logging... Read more
- Jan 15, 2020 Ultrasonic Flow Meters- Hiring versus Buying Bell Flow Systems offer hire kit, not only to help assist with the decision making process, but also to make these expensive flow measurement devices more accessible... Read more
ATEX Approval for TFX-5000 ultrasonic clamp-on Flow meter
Dynasonics® TFX-5000 ultrasonic clamp-on flow meters for liquid flow measurement and Heat metering (Heating & Cooling flows) include data logging and alarm history with a time and date stamp and are ideally suited for HVAC, water and wastewater, oil and gas and industrial flow and energy measurement applications.
Whilst this model can be specified for pipe diameters DN12 to DN1200, the approval covers models from DN65 and above and classification is:
• II 3 D Ex tc IIIC T100 °C Dc
The TFX-5000 meter uses transit time measurement to determine the flow rate and total volume. When ordered as an energy meter option with the supplied pair of PT1000 RTDs, the TFX-5000 energy meter can calculate heat transfer rate and energy usage. As the TFX-5000 meters' clamp on flow sensors clamp on to the outside of the pipe, there is no requirement to tap or cut into the pipe, providing considerable benefits in terms of the reduction in total installation cost while eliminating the potential for contamination and meter fouling.
The TFX-5000 non-intrusive flow meter replaces the Dynasonics® TFX Ultra - ultrasonic clamp-on meter and is suited to the same applications and more whilst it also includes the following improvements:
• Data logging and real-time clock
• Addition of the adjustable small pipe transducer, only one sensor for small pipes!
• Large display with keypad and improved diagnostic messages
• Improved pipe clamp RTDs for energy metering
• AquaCUE® Flow Measurement Manager/BEACON® Advanced Metering Analytics with remote connectivity
• Security passcode protection
• English, French, German, Italian and Spanish configuration menus
• SoloCUE® Flow Device Manager configuration software (included free with each model purchased)
• The TFX-5000 meter is CE certified. (ATEX approval is on-going and expected for early 2020.)