Chatterbox-e. Opto Isolation Unit
4 channels as standard
10 year battery life
IP66 ALuminium housing
ATEX certified, Intrinsic Safety
The Chatterbox-e unit provides the necessary safety isolation
between equipment generating pulses in the hazardous area
and non-intrinsically safe equipment located in the safe area.
Opto-isolators provide four isolated volt-free contacts from
low frequency pulses generated by Gas Meters or Volume
Correctors installed in the hazardous area.
- 10 Year battery life from standard cells, two 1/2 AA lithium.
- 4 Channels as standard
- Channel selections via switches
- Two output connectors, as standard, allows connections to two independent systems
- ATEX Certified Intrinsically Safe
- Weatherproof cast aluminum housing, rated to NEMA 4X, offers flexibility of installation
- Compliance to Article 500 of the National Electrical Code ANSI/NFPA-70 (NEC)
- Opto isolation increases reliability and reduces power consumption
- Simple mechanical and electrical installation
- Single or multiple outputs from single input
- No Corrector or Meter setting required; as soon as the Chatterbox-e receives a pulse, a 220ms isolated outlet pulse is generated