Ground water wells and bore holes are often located in secluded areas or are not easily accessible by vehicle. You may have to travel to such a remote location on foot when roads are not available or passable due to natural events, such as flooding or snowfall.
In these cases, the size and weight of the equipment you need to transport can add significant cost and inconvenience to a project. To alleviate some of these issues, Heron Instruments offers the little dipper2, available from Bell Flow Systems in the UK.
The little dipper2 in static mode is used for measuring the depth of water. The little dipper2 in drawDown mode may be used for measuring falling water levels during purging, well development and for low flow sampling; helping to protect your pumps from damage caused by dry running.
The dimensions of this water level meter are 19.5 cm x 18.7 cm x 30.5 cm, making it small enough to transport in a backpack. With the reel assembly weighting only 1.36 kg the total weight is determined by the tape selected. It is available in 15m, 22m and 30m tape lengths while still maintaining its compact size. The little dipper2 offers most of the features of the full size dipper-T2:
- – A polyethylene jacketed high tensile steel tape
- – A full pressure rated 5/8” probe
- – Choice of metric or engineering scale tape markings
- – Both Static and drawDown modes
- – Padded carry case
- – Hanger for hand’s free operation
- – Sensitivity switch to adjust for false signals from cascading water
- – Both visual LED and audio buzzer indicators
- – An optional 3/8” (9.525 mm) probe for narrow openings
Further information is available here: >> Link