All information collected by Bell Flow Systems is covered by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and subsequent amendments. Although the Act does not require Bell Flow Systems Ltd to be registered with the Information Commissioner as a Data Controller we are still required to safeguard the privacy of your information.
Bell Flow Systems Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or emails, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Bell Flow Systems Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. However, should we wish to change the conditions under which you first provided your information we will contact you first. This policy is effective from 5th November 2010. (Last updated 2016)
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Your name and job title.
• Your contact information including company name, address, telephone and fax numbers and email address.
• Demographic information about you such as preferences and interests.
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
• Credit and debit card details for payments made over our e-commerce system. (These are not stored on-line and destroyed after use)
What we do and do not do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• To complete your order or enquiry.
• For our internal record keeping or invoicing.
• To improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You have the option to opt-out.
• We may periodically send promotional letters and/or catalogues, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the address details which you have provided. You have the option to opt-out.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. You have the option to opt-out.
• We DO NOT make the information available to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
• We DO NOT use the information to make automated decisions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at; The Data Controller, Bell Flow Systems Ltd, Unit 7 Swan Business Centre, Osier Way, Buckingham, MK18 1TB, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe button on our emails.
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Under the Act you may request details of personal information which we hold about you by submitting a Subject Access Request (SAR). A fee of £10.00 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: The Data Controller, Bell Flow Systems Ltd, Unit 7 Swan Business Centre, Osier Way, Buckingham, MK18 1TB or email email@example.com
. As part of our security controls we may ask you to prove your identity before releasing the information.